top of page

Group

Public·22 members
Ryan Ross
Ryan Ross

Pdq Deploy Pro Serial Number

If you're deploying a licensed, non-Creative Cloud version you'll need to look at the adobe_prtk tool. It takes some trial and error to get it to work but it will provide the file to be used. You'd then deploy the tool and run the serialize flag against the file previously generated.

Pdq Deploy Pro Serial Number

In the past with Adobe acrobat xi pro perpetual license I used the adobe customization wizard to create a package all set to go with serial number.Package was created and i deploy it through policy such as self service and it has worked great.Hopefully i can still use that

No I believe that has been deprecated. For the DC/2020 deployments you need to use that command line tool to generate the serialize file you'd like to deploy. You then deploy a package with that generated file and the tool with a post install to run the serialize command. This package itself can be done before or after the base Adobe installer is run.

adobe_prtk is the name of the tool within the dmg they hosted for download on that page and is what is referenced in their examples. You can place it in /usr/local/bin or an alternate directory and reference it to generate the serialized file, prov.xml, using the --generate flag. You would then need to use that tool and the generated prov.xml in whatever deployment method you desire to serialize the application on the endpoint.

@andrew.nicholas I don't see how this can do what I'm looking for (create a pkg that installs/licenses Acrobat Pro 2020). I chatted with Adobe earlier and they said there is no deployment tool for serial number based acrobat 2020. Thin 2020 installer is a .dmg (acrobat_2020_web_WWMUI.dmg).

The Adobe Provisioning Toolkit Enterprise Edition is a command-line tool for supported platforms that helps you track and manage serialization of Adobe products that you have deployed using the Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition. The toolkit is downloaded as part of the Creative Cloud Packager installation.

@tcandela I working on the same thing and going down a path similar to yours. However, I'm doing this in 2 policies: the first deploys and installs the application and sets off a custom trigger, launching the second policy that'll deploy adobe_prtk /private/temp and then run the command.

@tcandela Just a quick update. I was able to do everything with one policy. I deploy the Acrobat Installer.pkg along with a homemade pkg that delivers the adobe_prtk and the prov.xml file to /private/tmp. I then run the serialize and activate command via bash script through JAMF.The only hiccup I've got is the EULA popping up when installed the first time on a device, even though I did include the [ --eulasuppress] switch. If I uninstall/reinstall it doesn't come up.Hope this helps.

I find it interesting that we have come at this from different, yet similar, directions and we are seeing the same results on deployment. Ideally, I would like to deploy the app w/o the end user seeing anything.

You can also use the Enterprise Toolkit (ETK) to deploy customized products across your organization, set up virtualized installs, and create enterprise PDF workflows. Acrobat ETK provides wide range of IT details about Adobe Acrobat Document Cloud configuration and deployment, also, about the earlier product versions.

In Acrobat DC, there are two tracks - Continuous and Classic. Download Continuous track builds. For more information on tracks, see Document Cloud Product Tracks. Once you have chosen a licensing program and the required product track, download the installer to proceed further in the deployment process.

Use the Customization Wizard (Windows and macOS) available in ETK to customize packages. The wizard streamlines the task of configuring (customizing) the installer before organization-wide deployment. For example, if you have a volume license, you do not need to register and personalize each copy of the product you install. You can customize the installer to skip the standard registration questions, accept the End User License Agreement, and fill in your organization name automatically.

For a Windows package, once the MST file (also known as the transformations file) is saved to the Acrobat subdirectory within the package, you can begin to deploy the software to the target systems. It is possible to install Acrobat using its own MSI (Windows) or PKG (macOS) file, but it does not install the licensing information and any dependencies with the package. It is recommended to use the "setup.exe" in the "Build" directory to install a package created with the create package workflows in Admin Console which contains Acrobat DC, to ensure these dependencies (such as Microsoft's Visual C++ Redistributables) are also installed. See below for further information in installation.

Run the downloaded exe to extract the installer in "Acrobat DC" folder. By default, files are extracted to your desktop. Once extraction is completed, do not proceed with install yet. You will have the extracted installer files, which you will use to deploy Acrobat using SCCM. Follow the usual processes for creating a package for deployment in SCCM Configuration manager. Give the path of Setup.exe in the Create Program wizard in SCCM (see below).

Use it to deploy Acrobat using SCCM. Follow the usual processes for creating a package for deployment in SCCM Configuration manager. Give the path of Setup.exe in the "Create Program wizard" in SCCM (see below).

Once you have deployed Acrobat using the package, you can uninstall it using the usual process for uninstalling msi packages. It can be done individually using Add and Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel.

How you manage Surface driver and firmware updates may vary depending on your environment and organizational requirements. In larger organizations, IT admins typically stage deployments internally and allocate time to test upgrades before rolling them out to user devices.

For earlier devices that include separate files for different Windows versions, select the .msi file name that matches the Surface model and version of Windows. The .msi file name includes the minimum supported Windows build number that's required to install the drivers and firmware. For example, to update a Surface Book 2 that has build 18362 of Windows 10, choose SurfaceBook2_Win10_18362_19.101.13994.msi. For a Surface Book 2 that has build 16299 of Windows 10, choose SurfaceBook2_Win10_16299_1803509_3.msi.

Microsoft Endpoint Manager is the recommended solution for large organizations to manage Surface updates. Configuration Manager allows you to synchronize and deploy Surface firmware and driver updates with the Configuration Manager client. Integration with Intune lets you see all your managed, co-managed, and partner-managed devices in one place. The Microsoft Surface Management Portal is a centralized place in the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center where you can self-serve, manage, and monitor your organization's Intune-managed Surface devices at scale.

The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) is a free tool for automating Windows deployment. It uses the task sequence engine from Configuration Manager, and can also install drivers and software updates during the deployment.

Configuration Manager and MDT both use the Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) during the deployment process. Windows PE supports only a limited set of basic drivers such as network adapters and storage controllers. Drivers for Windows components that aren't part of Windows PE might produce errors. You can prevent such errors by configuring the deployment process to use only the required drivers during the Windows PE phase.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Bogdan Kulagin
    Bogdan Kulagin
  • Benzema Roy
    Benzema Roy
  • cesthelprimanchadis
  • hp.Lidia047199
    hp.Lidia047199
  • Axel Hill
    Axel Hill
bottom of page